Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Manages all aspects of DF building operations including shipping, receiving, sanitation, inventory control standards and a high degree of accuracy and quality as it relates to customer service. Ensures compliance with safe work practices and a safe work environment for all team members (practices 200% Safety Accountability – self and others).
What You'll be Doing:
- Hire, lead, direct, and supervise 40+ team members in day-to-day operations.
- Train, develop and coach hourly team members and supervisors.
- Responsible for productivity and breaking down individual goals by shift, area and department.
- Manage dignity, respect and team code of conduct to coincide with enforcing Meijer policy and procedure.
- Accountable for shift safety, selection/inventory/manifest accuracy, production and shift performance, load quality, scheduling assignments, sanitation and training.
- Maintain high standards.
- Control costs.
- Establish individual team member accountability using incentives and discipline where appropriate.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Operations Management preferred ~OR~ equivalent work experience.
- Management experience in distribution, warehousing or supply chain required.
- Team relations experience (i.e. proven coaching/counseling ability).
- Working knowledge of a PC to include Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Ability to use both verbal and written communication clearly and effectively.
- Operational knowledge to identify trends and changes to the business to adjust accordingly.
- Ability to benchmark, report, and summarize key metrics at a high level while accounting for root causes to performance.
- Working knowledge to meet compliance requirements of Federal and State regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to supervise supervisors.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Effective and strong commitment to team.
- Adaptability to change.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
Apply on company website