At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Coordinator of Client Services is responsible for the coordination of patient services, including referrals, authorizations, registration, and discharge. Ensures a positive atmosphere during the entire continuum of care for all customers including, patients, families, physicians, case managers, payers, and members of the healthcare team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Care of Patients: Coordinates access to care for patients via insurance verification/authorization. Enters demographic & insurance information into electronic registration system. Checks patients in, collects co-pays, answers phone calls, prepares charts, and ensures standard work is followed.
- Environment of Care: Assists in maintaining department organization, workflows, & systems. Maintains department appearance in patient check-in area to ensure professional and clean environment.
- Cost Control/Productivity/Time Management: Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks appropriately. Manages resources in a cost-effective manner, fulfills commitments, and completes assigned tasks.
- Communication and Team Participation: Communicates with team members, colleagues, patients, and families in a professional and positive manner, embodying Memorial Care values in daily interactions with others. Demonstrates clear and concise communication and is respectful and supportive of other team members.
- Improvement Projects: Demonstrates knowledge of and participation in relevant department projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years experience in a health care office setting with working knowledge of electronic scheduling system and obtaining authorization for commercial and government insurance plans.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider certification.
Apply on company website