At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner has in-depth knowledge of respiratory care based on previous experience and is able to apply and use that knowledge in multiple situations. The RCP is a proficient RCP in the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures designed to evaluate, stabilize, prevent or remedy patient cardiopulmonary problems. Decision-making and critical thinking is apparent and judgments are oriented toward the best possible outcome for the patient. The RCP responds to most situations with speed, confidence and flexibility and is able to handle unanticipated problems or emergencies. Effective relationships and clinical leadership skills among the interdisciplinary team are evident. The Respiratory Care Practitioner 12-hr Per Diem position is responsible for self-scheduling. Schedule requirements are 4 shifts per 4-week schedule period, 2 of which must be Saturday/Sunday shifts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Provides expert efficient patient care in emergent and non-emergent situations by administering medication, performing therapeutic/diagnostic interventions all in accordance with Respiratory Care Services policies and procedures. Serves as a clinical resource to other Respiratory Care Practitioners.
- Provides expert diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to evaluate patients by using equipment appropriately in the delivery of patient care. Constantly decontaminates equipment and supplies within the department according to department policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements plan for teaching patient/family/significant other knowledge and skills essential for managing illness.
- Actively identifies patients with healthcare associated infections by applying infection control policies and procedures consistently, including effective hand hygiene and utilizing personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and reports problems through department specific channels and suggests solutions for unresolved problems to add value to the Respiratory Care Services department. Supports and provides input in department-specific performance improvement projects and policy development.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation and billing for all interventions in the patient's medical record consistent with scientific principle, standards of respiratory care practice and hospital policy.
- Participates in the education of RCP students in assigned areas. Acts as a team lead on an as needed basis.
- Participates in identifying trends in clinical respiratory practice and provides input on the delivery of respiratory care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of critical care experience (PICU or NICU or ED or Adult CCU/ICU), required
- Graduate of an AMA accredited School for Respiratory Care or equivalent, required
- Current CA RCP license, required
- RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist), required
- A current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications, required.
Apply on company website