At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will (CLS) will perform laboratory duties as scheduled; produce accurate and timely laboratory results in accordance with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center Laboratory Services department standards and procedures. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient's status to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide the care needed for that patient population.
The Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist will oversee the general operation of the laboratory in the absence of the Blood Bank Supervisor, assumes responsibility of special projects, and ensures protocols required for accreditation. The Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist will assist in the development of programs and procedures to assure the department is aligned with community standards. In addition, the Senior CLS will perform work assignments as scheduled, produce accurate and timely results on current patient population in accordance with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center Laboratory Services department standards and procedures
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Perform pre-analysis, analysis, and post-analysis of laboratory tests according to the Blood Bank department's protocols and procedures.
- Oversee the general operation of the laboratory in the absence of the Blood Bank Supervisor.
- Assume responsibility of special projects and assist in the development of programs and procedures.
- Assist with training and orientation of staff.
- Follow laboratory protocol to ensure proper identification of patients and specimens.
- Evaluate test results, test processes, quality control and assurance requirements where applicable.
- Ability to meet department scheduling and attendance requirements.
- Require effective communication, verbally, in writing and through other means.
- Consistently apply infection control policies and procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in department specific education, training, in-services, process improvement initiatives and staff meetings.
- Participate in performance improvement projects in the laboratory.
- Ensure equipment and safety devices are used as intended and designed.
- Ensure compliance at all times with hospital and laboratory policies and procedures.
- Perform data management and documentation activities.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
- Ability to be at work and be on time
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Minimum five years of experience in general laboratory, including two years of experience in Blood Bank.
- Knowledge of current information system preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a science discipline preferred.
- Currently licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist by the state of California
Apply on company website