At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Licensed X-ray Tech works under the direction of the Director Breast Svc & CRPP and supports the Breast Care Supervisor in the implementation of service for the Breast Center. This position will perform radiological duties in compliance with the X-Ray Department and legal requirements. Other responsibilities require the ability to perform x-ray procedures, produce acceptable radiographs and will perform medical assisting tasks. Also, informs patient of procedure and ensures patient satisfaction throughout the process. Will collaborate with the healthcare team towards achieving fiscal, quality care goals, and data outcomes for Breast Care Program services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform assigned activities.
- Follows directions and communicates with team members of the healthcare team in an organized, clear and timely manner.
- Participates in processes that improves standard of care and practice in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, and other sensitive material in printed, electronic or verbal form, which many jeopardize the privacy of patients and or employees.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of all job expectations/requirements in keeping with hospital standards.
- Direct accountability for scheduling appointments as required for inside or outside health care providers.
- Performs clerical duties such as ordering necessary supplies and equipment for department
- Demonstrates the ability to safely maintain and competently use equipment in the delivery of patient care. Helps protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Ability to be at work and be on time.
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Prior experience in ambulatory care environment preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Completion of course in limited-scope/basic/LMRT/NCT radiological course or, completion of course CRT radiological course required
- American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) card required
- Medical Assistant certificate preferred
Apply on company website