At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Pharmacy Technician position is intended for a technician with experience in an acute care hospital pharmacy. The Pharmacy Technician works independently when appropriate and cooperatively with pharmacy staff to provide safe, accurate and timely delivery of medications to patients. Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician effectively processes new orders, accesses appropriate patient information in the electronic health record (EHR) if needed, issues drug doses to nurses, fills medication cassettes, fills automated dispensing cabinets (ADC) and/or drug delivery bins, packages, and prepares patient doses and maintains drug inventories. The Pharmacy Technician maintains compliance with USP<797> and <800> regulations when preparing IV admixtures. The Pharmacy Technician effectively communicates with co-workers, other healthcare professionals, and patients.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Using current computer program, process all new, refill and phone prescriber prescriptions
- Collect and enter patient demographics and insurance information
- Assist the pharmacist in answering on-clinical questions from all patients, physicians, employees, vendors and from the general public
- Responsible for “pulling” and replacing drug stock after pharmacist has approved prescriptions
- Helps stock appropriate inventory, ordering as needed and checking for outdates
- Maintains a professional level of performance and attitude as expected by MemorialCare and the pharmacy manager
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in an inpatient hospital pharmacy setting, preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in compounded sterile products preparation and procedures, preferred.
- CA Pharmacy Technician license required
- Graduated from a Pharmacy Technician program
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Apply on company website