Purpose Statement / Position Summary:
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center's strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Inventory Data Coordinator is responsible for the control of the assigned products stocked in the department from acquisition to final disposition. The Coordinator maintains a perpetual inventory for the accountability and traceability of those items stocked through the use of a computerized Materials Management Information System (MMIS).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Manages the inventory of all items via cycle counts through the MMIS physical inventories.
2. Monitors the par levels of all inventoried items. Manages the excess and obsolete items in stock and takes the necessary steps to update the levels.
3. Purchases all supplies based on inventory needs. Maintains back order information and obtains substitutes and obtains approval per policy before item is placed on the shelf and made available for use.
4. Processes and audits all transactions that affect the on-hand balances.
5. Ensures that standardization and consolidation of products as conversions are rolled out meet the go live date established by MHS vendors and products for financial efficiency
6. Submits paperwork for additions, changes or deletions as necessary.
7. Processes all additions, changes or deletions to the system.
8. Prepares for the annual physical inventory.
9. Ability to be at work and be on time.
10. Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
11. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
Apply on company website