Purpose Statement/ Position Summary
This position requires the fullunderstanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of SaddlebackMedical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behaviorconsistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices,Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center'sstrategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patientsafety activities.
To provide anexceptional patient meal experience by delivering meals to the patient bedsidein a timely manner. Coordinates meal tray production and communicateseffectively with Nursing and the Diet Office. Ensures accuracy of the tray tothe meal selection providing service recovery when needed. Communicates specialpatient needs with Clinical Nutrition staff, Diet Office and Nursing. Ensuresnourishment are stocked to meet patient needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Oversee smooth and accurate tray delivery to all patients at meal times and nourishment distribution, coordinating with Nursing per standard work procedures
- Follow appropriate HIPPA procedures including properly identifying patients when delivering meal trays to the patient bedside.
- Assemble patient meal trays according to patient diet order and restrictions
- Restock nourishment rooms to par levels to meet patient needs
- Accurate record keeping for productivity and quality standards
- Performs timely and accurate telephone communication
- Performs downtime procedures as needed
- Ability to be at work and be on time
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Apply on company website