Company: MemorialCare Medical Foundation
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Hospitals, Health Care
Job Specific Competencies
- On a daily basis, accurately read and interpret the explanation of benefits (EOB) from various insurance payers and post payments to patient encounters with minimal or no error rate.
- Balance and post assigned electronic remittance batches. Resolve batch issues/errors that are within capability of resolving. Report unresolved issues to manager or supervisor.
- Accurately process patient payments within a two (2) day turnaround.
- Notify appropriate staff of any payment discrepancies for research.
- Post all reason codes correctly attached to the payment and/or adjustment to which they correspond, posting and documenting all applicable information on the EOB.
- Print EOB's from payor websites and log into spreadsheet.
- Link EOB images correctly via ICS/OnBase for future reference.
- Update posting log upon posting of each payment batch.
- Collaborates with teammates to ensure that department close is met within the assigned timeframe.
- Perform at or above the assigned department quality and productivity standard.
- Post bonus, capitation and encounter checks as appropriate.
- Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience
- Minimum two (2) years experience in patient account billing and collections.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- General computer skills required, including the ability to use the internet and learn other computer applications successfully.
- Working knowledge of general medical office procedure.
- 40 WPM typing, verifiable
- 10 key by touch
- Must have good listening skills and be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English.
Apply on company website