Company: MemorialCare Medical Foundation
Location: Irvine, CA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Hospitals, Health Care
Specific job responsibilities: It is the duty of all employees to understand and perform their job tasks to the highest level at all times.
- Research and process incoming referral requests received via fax or system generated
- Check HP eligibility and benefits as needed
- Gather clinical notes and HP criteria as needed
- Scan and attach faxed clinical information
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Provide a high standard of customer service for Patients, Physicians and Staff
- Demonstrates professional and courteous communication skills. Supports a collaborative and cooperative environment when working with others in order to facilitate mutual respect and effective interpersonal relations.
- Meet all department standards
- Responsible for running daily reports to capture all work stream referrals including; urgent/emergent referrals, ASA referrals, portal referrals and indemnity/PPO submissions.
- Assist providers, patients, other departments regarding issues related to referrals
- Responsible for the coordination of PCC meetings, by preparing agenda, roster, distribution of reports, food orders, scheduling guests, scheduling and meeting room preparation
- Ability to be at work and be on time
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritize, multitask with attention to detail and timeliness for task completion.
- Perform any additional duties that may not be inclusive in job description as requested by Management team that is within the scope of knowledge or ability of the Referral Coordinator.
- Travel may be required to meet business needs.
- Experience in Managed Care or Medical Field 1-2 years preferred. Should have the ability to read and interpret health plan benefit manuals and CPT/ICD coding
- Type with speed and accuracy, 40 - 50 wpm.
- Must have excellent computer skills .
- Excellent customer service skills and be a team player.
- Must be dependable.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Must be a High School Graduate/ or G.E.D or equivalent.
- Medical terminology.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid California driver's license and car insurance.
Apply on company website