The Service Desk Analyst is part of the Service Desk Group supporting the NextGen EMR and Practice Management applications. This position works collaboratively with other technicians in a team environment to provide quality customer service to clients of the Nautilus MSO within the MemorialCare Medical Foundation. Participates as a technical resource and functions a point of technical service contact to the clients, balancing creative and technical problem-solving, customer service and collaboration.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge for timely resolution of software, system admin, hardware and network issues (including, but not limited to NextGen EMR and EPM, Network, password resets, system security and call tracking software)
- Answer telephone calls and respond to email requests for service and support queries using excellent communication skills, written or verbally with an attention to detail and quality. Follow established processes for accurate documentation and entry of requests into issue tracking system.
- Provide customized support for different sites. Perform problem analysis and issue resolution over the phone (using remote tools as available) or via email as appropriate.
- Appropriately facilitate and coordinate the assignment of unresolved NextGen-related issues to 2nd tier support resources following established escalation processes and workflows.
- Work collaboratively as a liaison with system hosting vendor and client IT resources as required to resolve connectivity and performance issues.
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives. Complies with all IS Policies, Procedures and Standards). Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Awareness of the healthcare information systems industry, contemporary and emerging technologies, and relevant laws and regulations
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments as required to react quickly and positively to new or emergent situations. Take responsibility and perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability
- Work as a team player and communicate in a positive manner with co-workers, managers, providers, and other contacts. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
Minimum of 3 years' experience in providing application support. Proficiency with NextGen EMR and Practice Management applications.
Working knowledge of customer software systems to facilitate issue resolution.
Working knowledge of medical practice operations and physician billing processes.
Ability to resolve typical customer service issues over the phone.
Demonstrated leadership ability or aptitude.
Demonstrated solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
Possess excellent communications and customer service skills, both verbal and written.
Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
A+ certification, MCP, or CAN preferred.
High School diploma, GED, or Business-Related Course, required.
Apply on company website