Retail Management - Operations
As a Men's Wearhouse Operations Manager you will maintain the primary responsibility for the overall business operations of your store. You must not only understand and execute the policies and procedures for your store retail, rental and custom business operations, but also train, coach, and support the other store employees on all aspects of store operations. You will interact with customers in all aspects of the retail, rental and custom business, and you will provide exemplary service.
• Provide an exceptional customer experience and ensure your store is customer ready by taking the lead for all non-customer facing duties such as shipment processing, ecommerce processing, and back of house operations.
• Support the store in achieving established goals for retail, rental and custom sales volume, and quality of sales.
• Greet and interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner and support the team selling process.
• Observe, train and facilitate the special occasion rental process with the store staff.
• Lead special occasion/rental marketing efforts for the store.
• Train store staff on all operational policies and procedures, and ensure compliance.
• Analyze reporting and drive rental and retail sales volume through customer outreach and follow up.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and monitor merchandise needs.
• Ensure the store staff are delivering outstanding customer service by coaching, teaching and leading by example.
• Work with the Store Manager to ensure the store is visually set to standards (inside/outside).
• Assist store management team with maintaining proper staffing.
• Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays.
• Must have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Creative, and business savvy individual who demonstrates good judgment.
• Self-motivated, results oriented, innovative thinker.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable communicating with partners at all levels, both internal and external.
• Proven ability to develop teams into high performing individuals and by providing training and development.
• Proficient in the use of office technology such as email and printing as well as standard mobile device applications.
• Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays
Physical and Mental Requirements
• Interpret, follow and execute detailed instructions. Learn, apply and retain Company policies and procedures; merchandise and selling information.
• Solve employee and customer problems containing numerous variables and be able to relay sensitive or complex information and obtain consensus from diverse groups.
• Read, count and write to accurately complete documentation and inventory.
• Carry out simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division or be able to perform these with a calculator.
• Bend down and squat to locate and pick up merchandise located at ground level and to assist customers put on shoes; bend down and crouch to mark pants for alterations. Climb a ladder to reach merchandise and or supplies located above shoulder level.
• Lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off racks or place on customer.
• Operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer, grasping, pulling, pushing, and folding merchandise to wrap customer purchases.
• Stand and walk for the majority of work shift, sometimes up to twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
• Frequent (at least 2/3 of the work day) bending and twisting at neck and waist, crouching and squatting, reaching above and below shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation with both hands, lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Meet all schedule requirements. This includes working six-day weeks during the fourth quarter and sale seasons. Full time employees may be expected to work any of the hours the store is in operation.
Job: Store Management
Organization: Men's Wearhouse
Apply on company website