Primary Location: United States-CA-CAPalm Desert
Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
As the Parent Partner for California MENTOR Family Support Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully be responsible for providing guidance to parents/caregivers who have children being served through the system. This person will utilize personal prior experience of having a child served in the system to relate to parents/caregivers and help foster a relationship of trust and support between them and the treatment team. Also provides advocacy and liaison services between the clinician, treatment staff, , community agencies, services, families and child(ren) to ensure families are properly supported through the process of having children involved with the system of care, probation or mental health systems, and utilizing any of the Network’s services.
• Provides guidance to parents/caregivers who have children being served through the system. Utilizes personal prior experience of having a child in the system to relate to parents/caregivers and help foster a relationship of trust and support between parents/caregivers and the treatment team.
• Provides advocacy and liaison services between the clinician, treatment staff, , community agencies, services, families and child(ren) to ensure families are properly supported through the process of having children involved with the system of care, probation or mental health systems, and utilizing any of the Network’s services.
• Facilitates an alliance between the families and the Network.
• Participates as a full and active member of the child and family team.
• Document work as it pertains to record keeping and state-specific requirements.
• Assists the family in bringing up and discussing difficult issues at child and family team meetings.
• Facilitates linking clients with appropriate community services; follows-up, consults and collaborates with community agencies to ensure clients receive appropriate services.
• Leads/Co-leads parent groups (support or educational) for current and discharged families.
• Participates in trainings for treatment staff and families.
• Attends and participates in treatment planning meetings, court review hearings, team decision-making, IEP and other meetings to provide support and information to the teams and the families.
• Reaches out to families in order to best meet the needs of clients including visiting families’ homes and initiating contacts with families as soon as a client is placed; provides information and follows up on questions to allay families’ concerns and provide support; provides support and encouraging feedback to families reconnecting to their community; links clients and caretakers to community services as appropriate and helps them make and keep appointments with those services.
• Contributes to individual and group counseling providing education, consultation and other needed services.
• Performs additional duties and activities as required.
Apply on company website