Therapeutic Staff Support
Primary Location: United States-PA-PALansdale
Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
The Therapeutic Staff Support is responsible to provide therapeutic services, including intervention and supervision of behaviorally challenged and emotionally disturbed children/adolescents within a therapeutic milieu.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides 1:1 and intervention including behavior modification techniques and proactive strategies to stabilize the child or adolescent as outlined in the service plan.
- Provides therapeutic supervision of clients during treatment and educational activities.
- Supports the family and school personnel in their efforts to stabilize the child by providing information, guidance, modeling and counseling.
- Works collaboratively with the manager and all team members to ensure the service plan is meeting the child’s needs and recommends other services as needed.
- Assists in the management of aggressive clients as needed, using only de-escalation and behavior management techniques approved by the manager.
- Develops and maintains a flexible schedule in order to provide behavioral interventions and a variety of settings, and explores all possible options to meet with the child prior to office time.
- All changes in schedule must be reported to the manager in advance.
- Works “hands-on”, traditional as well as non-traditional hours in a variety of settings (i.e., home, school, day care, community, etc.) in order to meet the needs of the child.
- Accepts additions to caseload as assigned.
- Maintains daily logs of behavioral progress and relays information to team members, supervisors, and other staff.
- Ensures all documentation is completed legibly, professionally, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Participates in pre-service and in-service training on an on-going basis to further increase skills and knowledge base in the field of Behavioral Therapy.
- Includes, but is not limited to, attending scheduled trainings, seminars, and self-education (reading, journal articles, and books, etc.)
- Cooperates fully with on-site monitoring by supervisors to ensure quality services are provided to the children.
- Trainings and supervision as required by Managed Care Organization (MCO).
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Apply on company website