This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by providing individual, family, and relationship counseling and therapy to clients served by Family Counseling, EAP, and Sedlacek Treatment Center. This position also provides community and work-site based trainings on behavioral health topics to area employers and other organizations. Job Duties
- Perform assessments that include diagnostic interviewing, referrals for testing, and treatment planning to address the client's issues.
- Provide consultations to people seeking information about mental health issues or relationship problems in themselves or others.
- Develop treatment plans and treatment objectives in collaboration with client (and family when appropriate).
- Work in coordination with area service agencies, schools, primary care providers and other relevant resources to address needs of persons with mental health problems and/or chemical dependency issues.
- Maintain appropriate professional licensure, certificates and credentials.
- Provide, facilitate and supervise individual and/or group counseling in planning to meet the needs of clients and assist them in utilizing these resources.
- Provide assessments and evaluations based on appropriate criteria.
- Document all client records using SOAP note and/or , bio-psycho-social history and assessments and evaluation tools; and maintain client case records current according to the established guidelines.
- Attend, participate and when necessary help facilitate all staff meetings.
Department Specific Duties
- Provide confidential intake, assessment and counseling to children, adults, couples, and families for issues related to a variety of mental health conditions.
- Prepare treatment plan and objectives, and track progress, in collaboration with client and/or family.
- Utilize evidence-based counseling techniques, including insight-oriented, solution-focused, behavior-modifying and/or other supportive techniques.
- Document all client contact in an accurate and timely manner, including use of a diagnostic description with current DSM axes.
- Prepare and present community education on behavioral health topics to individuals in a group setting.
- Demonstrated strong theoretical training in counseling technique, and ethical decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to provide competent and effective therapeutic interventions.
- Minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience is preferred.
- Experience in developing and presenting behavioral health training topics to community groups and at work-site.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or Counseling field, and specialized training in individual, relationship, and family therapy required.
- Current licensure or must obtain licensure within 3 years of hire in the state of Iowa (LISW, LMHC or LMFT) required.
- Iowa Dependent Adult Abuse and Iowa Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter training required. Employee must submit certification of completed training to Human Resources prior to start or transfer date.
Apply on company website