This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by providing exceptional, quality services and goods to our customers in the clinical areas throughout Mercy Medical Center. This is achieved by cleaning and sterilizing instruments/trays to ensure patient safety. The CS Technician uses critical thinking skills to actively troubleshoot problems occuring in the sterile processing of equipment. Job Duties
- Cleans and inspects instruments for cleanliness and/or damage
- Assembles instrument trays
- Packages and sterilizes trays, instruments, and linen
- Delivers sterilized trays, instruments, and linen to floors
- Picks up dirty trays and instruments from floors
- Completes required testing for sterilizers and washers
- Completes required documentation for Central Sterile
- Assists vendors/reps as needed
- Must read, write, speak, and comprehend English fluently.
- Perform simple math.
- Able to work with frequent interruptions and handle multiple tasks.
- Prefer candidate who has completed hours required in Central Sterile to sit for certification exam.
- High School Diploma or equivalent strongly preferred. Relevant experience to be considered in lieu of diploma.
- Completion of Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) Course/Study Group preferred.
Apply on company website