This job supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by performing massage for clients within a specific department at Mercy Medical Center. The goal is to provide clients receiving the massage with a service that will decrease anxiety, alleviate pain, and increase emotional well-being. Job Duties
- Assumes responsibility for scheduling, maintenance of appointments and assists in collection of fees if needed
- Explains procedures and applies massage techniques appropriate to client needs, preferences, and order if applies
- Educates and teaches patients/clients on benefits of massage
- Provides a soothing environment for massage
- Maintains client/patient confidentiality and sensitivity during client/patient interactions
- Assists in identifying quality improvement opportunities
- Iowa massage therapy licensure required.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), in accordance with the American Heart Association required.
- National certification in massage therapy preferred.
- Iowa Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter training required. Employee must submit certification of completed training to Human Resources prior to start or transfer date.
Apply on company website