This position is full time Inpatient PT, with emphasis in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit. There will be a weekend and holiday rotation. This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by providing conscientious and compassionate rehabilitation services to improve patient's quality of life and functional capacity. The Physical Therapist provides a patient centered plan of care to allow increased and improved mobility and pain management. Job Duties
- Performs a comprehensive physical, psychosocial, and safety assessment of assigned patients as evidenced by clinical documentation.
- Develops a Plan of Care to promote optimum function and safety as documented in the clinical record.
- Plans for and provides skilled physical therapy treatment and reassesses the patient's status on each visit and ensuring quality of care as documented in the clinical record.
- Coordinates patient care with other clinical team members ensuring optimal patient care and communication as noted in the clinical record.
- Completes all required paperwork following the policies and procedures to ensure that documentation reflects care provided and the outcomes achieved as evidenced in the clinical record.
- Maintains and enhances personal knowledge as well as promoting professional standards in physical therapy.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the Exposure Control/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens Plan.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team inter- and intradepartmentally to facilitate the department's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Plaza - Is competent in evaluation and progression of patients who have skin conditions requiring the use of Ultraviolet Light Therapy A or B – N/A.
- Plaza - Is competent in safe utilization of equipment in Fitness Center – N/A.
- Complies with all insurance regulations and guidelines and is proficient in submitting appropriate documentation for reimbursement.
- Proficient in home equipment and modality distribution.
- In addition to the technical and professional skills required to provide excellent physical therapy to patients, the clinician must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate, good written and verbal communication skills.
- One year experience preferred.
- Education sufficient to receive licensure in the state of Iowa
- License to practice as a Physical Therapist in the state of Iowa required.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), in accordance with the American Heart Association required.
- Iowa Dependent Adult Abuse/Iowa Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter training required. Employee must submit certification of completed training to Human Resources prior to start or transfer date.
Apply on company website