This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by providing professional medical services to patients of MercyCare Community Physicians. Job Duties
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients.
- Oversees mid-level medical staff (if applicable).
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by Mercy.
- Consults with Medical Director and other medical professionals as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues.
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention.
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care.
- Uses and promotes evidence-based clinical practice.
- Timely reports births, deaths, outbreaks of contagious disease and other information required by law to be reported to governmental authorities.
- Keeps and maintains accurate, complete, appropriate, timely and legible medical records relating to all professional services rendered to Mercy patients in conformity with applicable professional standards, third party payer requirements and Mercy policies and procedures.
- Refers each patient to other physicians, including specialists and other health care providers, whenever the patient's condition so warrants and documenting same.
- Prescribes clinically appropriate medication and treatment for each patient and timely documenting same.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and clinical examinations in order to assess the medical condition of each patient, including formulating a diagnosis and documenting same in conformity with applicable professional standards, third party payer requirements and Mercy policies and procedures.
- Performs and/or orders clinically appropriate procedures for each patient and documenting same.
- Obtains and records an appropriate medical history of each patient, including, but not limited to: The patient's chief complaint, past medical history, family history, social history, review of systems, physical exam, diagnosis, assessment and plan of care.
- Provides professional medical services to patients of MercyCare Community Physicians.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs duties in a tactful and professional manner.
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Previous experience in field of practice preferred.
- Licensed to practice medicine without restriction or limitation in the State of Iowa required.
- Must have medical staff privileges at Mercy Medical Center.
- Iowa Dependent Adult Abuse/Iowa Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter training required. Employee must submit certification of completed training to Human Resources prior to start or transfer date.
Apply on company website