This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by providing a safe and secure environment for our patients, visitors and staff. Job Duties
- Performs pro-active patrol duties as required.
- Responds to all emergency alarms and duress situations.
- Works with others to maintain a safe and secure environment for all.
- Ensures all hospital security and safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Prepares accurate reports and daily log of security and safety activities.
- Monitors after hours access, including CCTV cameras.
- Reports and monitors all security and safety issues.
- Provides leadership to others as needed.
- Acts as charge person in the absence of Supervisor or Lead.
- Displays friendly and professional contact with all patients, visitors and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in all situations.
- Have general security knowledge.
- Remain calm and professional during stressful situations.
- Must work well in a team environment. Basic computer skills, MS Word, Excel, e-mail.
- Must follow Rules of Conduct as established by the department.
- Must meet and maintain all insurability requirements for purposes of utilizing Mercy vehicles.
- Security, Healthcare, Law Enforcement and or Military experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent strongly preferred. Relevant experience to be considered in lieu of diploma.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Must meet insurability requirements for purposes of utilizing Mercy vehicles - must be at least age 18 required.
- Must provide and maintain a good driving record, documented at hire, by a copy of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- The department requires a valid Professional or Non-Professional Weapons Carry Permit to be obtained within 90 days of employment or transfer.
- Iowa Dependent Adult Abuse/Iowa Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter training required. Employee must submit certification of completed training to Human Resources prior to start or transfer date.
Apply on company website