Job Description & Requirements
Director of Breast Surgery
The Division of Surgical Oncology at Yale University is seeking an experienced breast surgeon to join its faculty as the Director of Breast Surgery and to provide services at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, located in New London, Connecticut.
The successful candidate will be fellowship-trained in breast surgery or general surgical oncology with significant experience in breast surgery. They must also have exceptional clinical outcomes, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to the long-term development of a breast surgery program in the community. The position will include a faculty rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor, commensurate with experience level.
- Excellent opportunity to grow a community-based breast surgery program while benefiting from the support and infrastructure of the Yale University School of Medicine and Yale New Haven Health System
- Provide leadership and expertise, serving as a key partner between academic and community-based multidisciplinary care teams
- Work in a collegial environment with surgical, oncologic, and radiologic sub-specialists and support staff, all focused on patient-centered care
- Opportunities for involvement and expansion in clinical trial enrollment, network-wide tumor board, bio banking, high-risk and survivorship programs, clinical outcomes research, and much more
- Provide outpatient care at the Smilow Cancer Center in Waterford and surgical care at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, with the potential for continued growth in other locations
Community New London, Connecticut
Located along the shoreline of Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River, the New London area is a beautiful place to experience a remarkable quality of life and enjoy ample New England charm. Surrounded by inviting communities and gorgeous scenery, it offers a unique range of cultural, historical, recreational, and educational amenities that make it a desirable place to live and work. Residents enjoy four distinct seasons, endless outdoor activities, and convenient access to Boston and New York City.
7 plus years of experience as Breast Surgeon\nBreast Surgery Fellowship\nOr Surgical Oncology fellowship with most experience in Breast Surgery
Theres no place like New Haven to capture the splendor of each new season. Aside from working at top-rate facilities and earning great pay, traveling health care professionals who come to New Haven enjoy escaping to the quiet, rolling countryside, exploring neighboring villages and enjoying natures endless panorama.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Breast Surgeon, Breast Surgery, Surgery Breast, Breast Cancer Surgery, Breast Cancer Surgeon, surgery
Apply on company website