Job Description & Requirements
The Yale School of Medicine seeks a gastroenterologist for a predominantly clinical role due to growth. The successful candidate will work two days in the outpatient clinic, 2.5 days in the endoscopy suite, and two to three weeks of inpatient consult services. Candidates must be board-certified or board-eligible general gastroenterologists who are clinically well-trained and collegial and enjoy education and academic practice.
- Enjoy an academic role with one of the world's premier educational organizations
- Yale University is one of the nation's top-10 medical schools (US News & World Report)
- Academic multidisciplinary practice with fellows and wrap-around services at the site and in adjacent buildings, including psychology, social work, APP, nutrition, pharmacy, physical therapy, endoscopy, and motility unit
- Work in a newly renovated building with one of the leading Digestive Disease sections in the country
- Live in the heart of New England, with New York City a short drive away
- Opportunity to teach residents and fellows
About the Digestive Disease Section
The Digestive Disease section at Yale has long been at the forefront nationwide in research, clinical care, and education. Many of the several hundred individuals who have completed fellowships there over the past half-century have become section chiefs, department chairs, and deans.
Community Highlights - Live in the Heart of New England
Located alongside the Long Island Sound, New Haven, Connecticut, is a charming waterfront community offering a remarkable quality of life. Surrounded by inviting communities and gorgeous scenery, it provides a unique range of cultural, historical, recreational, and educational amenities that make it a desirable place to live and work.\n
- Four distinct seasons and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, including swimming, sailing, skating, hiking, biking, and golfing
- Excellent public and private schools, as well as local colleges and universities
- Convenient access to New York City, Boston, and Providence, RI
- New Haven, CT, is a Best Place to Live (US News & World Report)
- Ranked #15 by Niche in "Most Diverse Cities in America"
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and members of underrepresented minority groups.
Theres no place like New Haven to capture the splendor of each new season. Aside from working at top-rate facilities and earning great pay, traveling health care professionals who come to New Haven enjoy escaping to the quiet, rolling countryside, exploring neighboring villages and enjoying natures endless panorama.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Gastroenterologist, Gastroenterology, Digestive Track, Digestive, Gastrointestine, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md
Apply on company website