Job Description & Requirements
Medical Director Lung Tranplant Program in Massachusetts
The Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Division of Pulmonary Medicine and Transplant Center is seeking a Medical Director for the Lung Transplant program. Outstanding UNOS certified candidates at the Assistant or Associate Professor level will be considered.
The Massachusetts General Hospital Transplant Center offers comprehensive consultative services, treatment and surgical interventions to patients with a broad spectrum of diseases requiring heart, lung, kidney, liver, pancreas, islet, hematopoietic stem cell and multiple organ transplants.
For nearly three decades, MGH Transplant center has developed life-saving techniques that have revolutionized transplant medicine for patients around the globe. The Transplant center completed the first live donor lung transplant program and is the first regional lung transplant program for Medicare. The center performs transplants from both living and deceased donors and maintains the region's largest Living Donor Program.
Massachusetts General Hospital is the #2 Hospital in America and the Transplant Center is #24 nationally (U.S. News & World Report, 2019-2020).
- The Medical Director will lead the multi-disciplinary clinical operations, scientific and clinical research, financial and administrative functions, and business development activities of the Transplant Center.
- The candidate will be dedicated to expanding the clinical base of the Lung Transplant program and ensuring the efficient operation of the Program.
- The candidate will be encouraged to develop areas of expertise and to participate in clinical research.
- The Medical Director will contribute to the academic mission of MGH and Harvard Medical School through teaching and other academic contributions.
- It is anticipated that the incoming candidate will have an academic appointment at Harvard Medical School as Assistant or Associate Professor level, based on qualifications and experience.
- MGH offers a robust benefits package and rich opportunities for career progression and professional development.
- Diverse cultural opportunities, a dynamic restaurant scene, and sporting events
- Outdoor activities along the coast and in the mountains of New England
- Exceptional public and private schooling options
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation's leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Job Description & RequirementsMedical Director Lung Tranplant Program in MassachusettsStartDate: ASAPThe Massach...
Apply on company website