Job Description & Requirements
The growing Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Kentucky, College of Medicine, is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible physician for a full-time faculty position. The successful candidate will join a large group that includes multiple labor and delivery physicians, MFMs, and generalists. Candidates must be board-eligible or certified in OBGYN and willing to practice in team-based perinatal care emphasizing safety, quality, and communication.
- Exposure to exciting cases and opportunities to learn and grow
- Teach residents, interns, and medical students
- Excellent work-life balance - No additional call beyond 15 (12-hour) shifts per month is expected
- Assist an underserved patient population in a supportive and collegial environment
- Join a large group, including multiple labor and delivery physicians, MFMs, and generalists
- Develop and participate in research activities and be involved with hospital and university committees
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Known as the Horse Capital of the World, Lexington, Kentucky, is a charming town offering genuine Southern hospitality that will help you feel right at home as soon as you arrive. The city is a cultural center that lies in the heart of Bluegrass Country and is filled with numerous historical, natural, and cultural attractions to explore and enjoy. Home to a remarkable university with exciting NCAA sporting events, Lexington is perfect for families and individuals.\n
- Some of the best public and private schools in the state
- A safe, walkable downtown area with plenty of day and nightlife activities
- Gorgeous scenery and an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, camping, golfing, and horseback riding
- Convenient access to Louisville, Cincinnati, and Nashville and their many amenities, including international airports and professional sporting events
Known as the "Horse Capital of the World", Lexington has a distinct Thoroughbred breeding and racing culture. The city is also home to the University of Kentucky, whose men's basketball team is often noted as one of the best in the NCAA with eight championships and one of the most winning programs in college basketball history. Here you'll also find a wide array of historical sites, including Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate, and various cultural festivals, the most popular of which are the Mayfest Arts Fair and the Festival of Bluegrass.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Obstetrician/Gynecologist, Laborist, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Obgyn, Ob/Gyn, Pregnancy, Newborn, Maternity, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md
Apply on company website