MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
The incumbent in this position assists in the efficient and safe provision of anesthesia services by setting up rooms and equipment for anesthesia procedures; turn over of rooms and cleaning assigned materials, stocking anesthesia carts and locations, and transporting anesthesia equipment and supplies to and from anesthesia satellite locations, as necessary. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions in English.
- Prior hospital experience.
- Familiar with common medical terminology.
- Dependable, reliable; must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; function independently; must like working with detail; organized; able to set priorities; and must be able to remain calm and function in emergency situations.
- Must be able to learn sterile technique and isolation technique.
- Must be able to work with all levels of staff.
- Must be customer focused with a service attitude.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website