MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.Job Summary
- Performs a variety of patient care related activities toassist physicians, physician extenders and nursing staff in the ambulatorysetting. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable lawsand regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy,policies, procedures and standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED. Completion on Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant course strongly preferred. Phlebotomy training/certification preferred.
- Six month experience in health care setting, preferably an outpatient setting. Experience with electronic health records preferred
- Certification by an Accredited ProfessionalOrganization, i.e. National Healthcareer Association (NHA), AmericanAssociation of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or AmericanMedical Technologists (AMT) preferred. If not certified atthe date of hire must do so within six months of hire date. CPR certificationrequired.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment roomprocedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain asafe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and asdirected.
- Skill in taking vital signs maintaining records and recordingresults.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationshipswith patient, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to react calmly andeffectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, understand and respond todetailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website