MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
The School Based Health Centers is a component of Community Pediatrics which provides comprehensive primary care services for students enrolled at Anacostia SHS and Roosevelt SHS. of community-based prevention, early intervention and specialty behavioral health services. The incumbent adheres to NASW Code of Ethics and exemplifies the qualities and values of the social work profession. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Master's of Social Work from an accredited training program.
- D.C. license at the LICSW level.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as an independent level practitioner working with adolescents in the behavioral health field, preferably in an urban school environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Clinical social work knowledge and practice skills related to psychosocial aspects of childhood trauma.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interdisciplinary and interpersonal skills for practice and consultation.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website