About MedStar Georgetown's Endoscopy Unit
The Endoscopy Unit at MedStar Georgetown is a procedural department with 5 pre-procedural bays and 6 state-of-the-art procedural rooms. The Endoscopy nurse will assist expert physicians perform advanced therapeutic procedures such as Colonscopy, Endoscopy, ERCP, EUS, Single Balloon Enteroscopy and Barrx Procedures/Treatments. Endoscopy nurses will work closely with patients to perform medical intake in preparation for procedures and assist physicians during the procedures with specimen collection and charting. Job Summary
- The incumbent in this position is an experienced registered nurse who oversees and provides professional nursing care and assists in the management of the operational, personnel and financial activities of the Endoscopy unit. In conjunction with Nurse Manager and Director of Endoscopy, manages and facilitates the daily unit operations. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Education/Training:Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN degree required.
- Experience:Two years of related clinical experience in nursing in an acute care facility.
- License/Certification/Registration:Current D.C. license as a Registered Professional Nurse; certification in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Current D.C. license as a Registered Professional Nurse; certification in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Participates in directing, implementing, and monitoring a 24-hour nursing care delivery system for a clinical area ensuring performance according to standards.
- Maintains Clinical Proficiency in specialty area, supporting clinical staff as needed providing direct patient care while continually monitoring and evaluating the quality of care and services that is provided on the unit.
- Coordinates and collaborates with nursing staff, physicians, patients, families and other departments those activities related to patient and unit services.
- Promotes the professional growth and development of staff and students by planning for, participating in and evaluating educational opportunities as well as maintaining certification in specialty area.
- Participates and facilitates involvement of the nursing staff in research and development activities of the unit(s).
- Promotes and implements the Shared Governance model centrally and at the unit level.
- Assumes responsibilities for the unit as delegated by and in the absence of the Clinical Manager.
- Promotes Performance Initiatives and evidenced-based practice through active engagement and development of unit-based initiatives.
- Assists in personnel management functions for the designated area to include, but not limited to interviewing, orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, evaluating, employees as delegated by and with Clinical Manager's/Department Head's approval.
- Participates in planning (as delegated) of orientation, training, continuing education programs or other opportunities for learning for the unit and other Hospital staff as appropriate.
- Participates in the monitoring and controlling of assigned operational and capital budgets within administrative/departmental guidelines, as delegated by the Clinical Manager.
- Participates in the recommendation of future strategies required to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization in the incumbent's area of expertise.
- Embraces and advances principles inherent in Magnet designation, demonstrating and participating in all forces.
- Safeguards employee and patient rights and promotes a safe and healthy work environment
- Assures that all clinical/unit/personnel services are in accordance with standards and criteria established by The Joint Commission, state, local and federal agencies at all times.
- Supports clinical and non-clinical automation applications and encourages use at point of service
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all-inclusive.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website