MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.\n\n
\nMedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
\nGeneral Summary of Position:
Performs a variety of technical and patient care related activities to assist the department. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.\n\n\n\n
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant, Clinical Technician training program or LPN Program strongly preferred. \n\t
- Successful completion of a comprehensive Unit-based competency program. IV insertion/ Phlebotomy training. \n\t
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS). Unit certification required to assist with endoscopic procedures independently. \n\t
- One year of patient care experience in an acute care setting is preferred. \n\t
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to function within guidelines and follow established protocols; must be able to set priorities and work under stressful conditions. \n\t
- Above average manual dexterity required to operate medical equipment used in endoscopic procedures. \n
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website