General Summary of Position:\n\n
Performs professional nursing services for assigned patient population in Department of Urology. Responsible and accountable for the management and direction of the clinical operational and assigned personnel activities of the clinical staff of the department. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.\n\n
EDUCATION/TRAINING: BSN; Master's degree in Health Care, Nursing Administration preferred.
\nEXPERIENCE: Two to threeyears of progressively responsible experience is a hospital setting or physician practice, inclusive of 1 year of previous supervisory experience preferred.
\nLICENSE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current license as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
\nKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Strong financial management, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and management skills. Experience with development of clinical protocols/pathways and managing physician directed services necessary.
Schedule: Monday-Friday Days\n\n
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:\n\n
- Directs and manages the clinical nursing activities of the Division of Urology inclusive of but not limited to participation in recruiting, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of the clinical staff including participation in progressive disciplinary actions as appropriate. \n\t
- Prepares and modifies assignment and leave schedules to meet patient care requirements. Recommends actions related to compensation rates, staff promotion, discipline and termination. Anticipates and organizes opportunities for staff education and training. \n\t
- Coordinates clinical staff activities and communicates recommendations for change to Chairman and Administrator for consideration and implementation. Participates in problem solving activities to resolve areas of complication. \n\t
- Identifies QA/QI indicators for service and participates in data collection and analysis related to indicators. Identifies and reinforces issues related to modification in practice and standards of care. Incorporates practice updates into manuals. Maintains policy and procedure manuals per GUH standards. \n\t
- Manages designated equipment and supplies with budget to support clinical needs of division including inventory, utilization and distribution. Consults with Chairman and Administrator regarding changing trends and practice issues affecting equipment and supplies. Serves as liaison to Department of Surgery, other departments, divisions and hospital. Estimates preliminary capital equipment budget requests for division. \n\t
- Communicates and collaborates with personnel in other Hospital and University departments, outside agencies and vendors in regards to clinical operational activities of the division. Ensures that all services meet and are in compliance with licensure, accreditation, and CLIA and JCAHO standards. \n\t
- Performs professional nursing service in outpatient ambulatory care clinical settings including patient assessment, assists in procedures, patient teaching and ongoing care. \n\t
- Conducts interactions with patients and families, in person and by telephone, including but not limited to all aspects of maintaining and implementing medical regimen. Coordinates health care team activities. \n\t
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive. \n
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website