MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
- Job Summary
- The incumbent in this position is a PRN staff therapist who participates in the evaluation and treatment of patients based upon current principles and practices of OT. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Graduateof accredited school of O.T. or COTA withcompletion of the AOTA certification exam.
- Entrylevel, basic education as defined in education with certification requirements.
- Current D.C. license or qualified candidate for D.C. License as an Occupational Therapist and certification by the OT Certification Board. Current CPR certification.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct OT evaluations and re-evaluations, including assessment of prior and current level of functioning, setting appropriate goals and making appropriate discharge recommendations in accordance with standards of practice.
- Provides direct OT treatments according to standards of practice, including patient and family education, progression of treatment plan and implementation of appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Reports on patient progress through appropriate written documentation including evaluation forms, progress notes, education forms and interdisciplinary rounds forms.
- Collaborates with physicians, patients, family and other members of health care team relative to patient treatment and progress as well as other affiliated agencies with regard to effective discharge planning.
- Supervises OTA's and rehabilitation technicians. Instructs OT interns and other students as indicated.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website