MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership Job Summary
- Works with Orthopedic Spine Physicians and Nurse Practitioner, aiding the physicians with patient evaluation, including completing patient histories and physical examinations, and consultations, assisting and performing Orthopaedic procedures, as well as acting as a resource for case management. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Completion and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- 3 - 5 years orthopedic surgical experience preferred.
- PA certification, DC, Maryland and Virginia licensure.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care; skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Phlebotomy skills required.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website