About MedStar Georgetown University Hospital:
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
A nurse is responsible for providing competent professional nursing care using the nursing process. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Acute Dialysis – 2 South
MedStar Georgetown's 2 South is a five bed Acute Dialysis Unit. Nurses on 2 South provide hemodialysis treatments to admitted patients throughout MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. While most patients receive treatment on 2 South, nurses from the unit will travel to the ICU to provide hemodialysis to critically ill patients at the bedside.
Nurses on 2 South are active in Collaborative Governance throughout the hospital and are encouraged to participate in professional development opportunities through coaching and mentoring.
PRN Position; Self-scheduling; 7:00am – 5:30pm, 10:00am – 8:30pm, 7:00am- 7:30pm, Mon-Sat; Holidays and On call
- EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing preferred.
- LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION: Current D.C. license as a Registered Professional Nurse upon hire; certification in Basic Life Support. Certification in specialty or related specialty preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: To meet unit criteria, at least two (2) years recent acute care experience in the relevant patient care area. Experience with Cerner (SurgiNet) Computerized Charting System is an preferred.
- SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to perform the nursing technologies. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to set priorities and work under stress.
- PRACTICE & QUALITY
- Provides relationship-based care that promotes continuous, consistent, efficient and accountable delivery of nursing care using the nursing process.
- Demonstrates professional practice utilizing the framework of the professional practice model and is grounded in a culture of safety and quality.
- COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION
- Communicates and collaborates with inter-professional groups to ensure coordination, continuity and safe care.
- Communicates verbal information and documents written and electronic information that reflects the planned and delivered care for patients.
- Supports and contributes to the unit, department and organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrates advocacy and support on behalf of inter-professional teams and patients.
- Delegates and supervises nursing staff in providing patient care and assumes leadership roles, e.g., charge nurse role. Participates in the development and implementation of quality activities.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Serves as a preceptor or mentor.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research into patient care delivery.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","datePosted":"2020-10-09T04:51:05.483Z
Apply on company website