We are an industry leader in our consumers to strive towards a path of financial recovery and here at MCM, we always seek to understand. Fact-based decision making is a way of life, and we always analyze rather than assume. We do this by investing in research, building knowledge to create clarity and sharing insights openly. Be part of MCM's amazing journey, where your success is supported!
What does it mean to ‘Experience Encore?' It means to be part of an organization where success is fueled by a demonstrated commitment to caring for our consumers and supporting them as we strive every day to identify the moments that matter: the moments where our consumers feel empowered to manage their finances differently. It's both a rewarding and challenging environment.
As an international business, headquartered in San Diego, we are diverse and large enough to reinvest in our people and in our success. Our commitment to Better Solutions, Better Life also extends to how we treat our employees. Professional growth. Leadership training. Skills development. Wellness initiatives. A healthy work-life balance. It all comes together to offer you the perfect career solution, supported by a great quality of life too.
The Paralegal is on the team that ensures the required licenses for each business entity are current and accurate. This position includes tracking licensing requirements, drafting license applications and licensing renewals, and managing periodic licensing examinations/audits. The Paralegal will also be required to interface with business leaders, including members of the executive team, and state regulators on a regular basis and, as such, must display a high degree of professionalism, competence, and geniality. The Paralegal is responsible for participating in licensing-related projects and assisting with legal research and analysis as needed.
- Tracking licensing requirements and timing, drafting license applications and licensing renewals, and assisting with periodic licensing examinations. 70%
- Participating in licensing and related projects and assisting with research and analysis as needed. 20%
- Interfacing with business leaders, including members of the executive team, and state regulators. 10%
- Required: Bachelor OR Paralegal Certificate
- Required: English
- Required: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and master new technologies. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment. Strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Preferred: 2+ years' experience in the legal field.
Position StatusFull time
Established in 1953, Midland Credit Management, Inc. (MCM), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Encore Capital Group, Inc., is a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers across a broad range of assets. We are the market leader in portfolio purchasing and recovery in the United States, and we lead the industry with consumer-centric practices that drive results. We have operations in India, Costa Rica, and 35 US Sites.
Apply on company website