Role Overview Note: this is a high-level overview of the role. To take a deeper dive into the details, see the Role Specifics tab.
Reporting to the President, you will oversee a team that includes resources in HR, benefits, general recruiting and driver recruiting. This role is new due to restructuring, although HR programs and functions are in place.
You'll be responsible for total oversight over our human resource organization, including (but not limited to) recruiting and hiring all employees, orientation for non-driver new hires, paperwork completion and retention to ensure compliance with regulatory / DOT requirements for all employees, healthcare and 401(k) program selection, administration and cost control, trustee for all employee benefit programs, and non-driver employee development. You'll also be a contributing member of the executive staff.
While the role is strategic, there also are hands-on elements and no two days will be the same. You may help organize open enrollment, support the integration of acquisitions, handle regulatory filings, coordinate with vendors, and more.
The Requirements To be a good fit for the Vice President, Human Resources opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Organizational Development or Human Resources. SHRM or other HR certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of HR experience, including corporate environments and multi-site responsibilities. Quick question for you - click here
- Familiarity with current and pending government regulations (DOL, DOT/FMCSA, OSHA).
- Proven strong people skills and an understanding of labor practices, with a focus on fair and equitable treatment for all levels of employment, including OSHA, diversity programs, classifying employees and employment law.
- The ability to lead projects with streamlined updates and tracking.
- Strong technology skills, including:
- Proficiency with MS Office, including advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.).
- Experience with HRIS and/or time & attendance software.
- Experience with ERP systems; experience with transportation/warehouse systems is a plus. Quick question for you - click here
- Solid analytical abilities.
- An understanding of how benefits impact company financials.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skills and a forward-looking approach.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and confident decision-making abilities.
- The ability to work independently in a time-sensitive environment, using good judgment, with unquestionable ethics.
- The ability to communicate in a courteous professional manner with all team members.
Apply on company website