A Inventory Fulfillment Technician job in Simi Valley, California is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You will be responsible for both the physical and system movement of material for use in production process as well as for movement of finished and work in process (WIP) in production from manufacturing work cells. The position ensures that material is of sufficient quantity, in appropriate form and delivered at the right time in order for the manufacturing team and end customer to be successful. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, and Texas.
Inventory Fulfillment Technician job responsibilities include:
- Ensures that material replenishment to manufacturing cells occurs at appropriate cadence to ensure the continuity of production in an efficient and safe manner.
- Removes WIP and finished goods from production staging area in a manner that allows for continuation of production in a safe manner while ensuring accuracy in inventory location and related transactions.
- Supports quality expectations by ensuring FIFO, delivery inspection, shelf life inspection and assurance, and by ensuring shipping and transportation damage does not enter manufacturing work cells or finished inventory.
- Provides assurance of inventory accuracy through use of and support of cycle count programs, physical inventories and continued use of scanners on all inventory movement in accordance to work instructions.
- Ensures that finished goods are staged for customer delivery in accordance to queues from internal distribution systems. Oversees just in time activity and insures accurate movement of just in time carts to fiberglass window lines while ensuring accurate and complete documentation of transaction.
- Interfaces with production schedules and ensures any instances of outage is discovered at earliest possible point so corrective actions can occur and production is not interrupted.
- Reflects Milgard's business values and the Milgard Core Values in all business interactions.
- Adheres to all facets of safety policies and procedures.
- Minimum of one (1) or more years' experience in customer service, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous window sales and/or customer service preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be certified in the use of a sit-down forklift. Four directional lift truck experience/certification is preferred.
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. A great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering including:
- Performance Bonus Incentive – your efforts are rewarded!
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k savings plan
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
- Career growth opportunities – take on more responsibility and grow!
If you are interested in Inventory Fulfillment Technician job in Simi Valley, California please apply now. To learn more about Milgard's products, services, and culture visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!Shift Full or Part Time Full time
Milgard (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Apply on company website