Milgard is nationally known as a company committed to customer service and high-quality products. We started over 50 years ago in Tacoma, Washington and have expanded throughout the Western United States and most recently into Dallas, Texas. We're a company committed to creating a culture that is respectful of our differences while ensuring inclusion - and opportunity!
Primary function is to work in the production room Glass Tempering cutting and tempering machinery to produce tempered glass. This position is in a plant production environment. Must be flexible and agile and be able to work fast, safe and accurate. Must also be able to multitask.
- Machine operators work with Cranes, Glass Tempering and Cutting Machines.
- Check materials and products to ensure that parts are being made correctly.
- Inspects machine, ensures that all parts of the machinery are in working order and that work area is clean.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of how the machines function while being operated
- Starts, stops, sets up, and cleans machinery according to operational requirements in a timely basis
- Follow production instructions of the supervisor to ensure quality
- Follow all safety guidelines and policies
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Other duties as assigned
- Medical, Dental and Vision - Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- Monthly Production Bonus Target of up tp $200
- 401K Savings Program
- PTO - Your time is your own, enjoy it!
- Holiday Pay
- Basic Life and accidental death
- Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- MG/CAT Program -Community Volunteer and Matching Gifts Program
- Education Assistance Program - continue your education, we will help!
- Fitness Center
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- machine operator: 2 years (Required)
- Great attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Experience with Glass Tempering Machines a PLUS
- Mechanical aptitude a plus
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Must Know how to use a tape measurer
- Needs to work well with others and use effective communication
- Good with basic machine fixes/set up
- Must be willing to work other duties as assigned by your supervisor (shipping, packing, etc)
- Must be flexible with work schedule (possible weekends)
- Able to Lift 50+ lbs.
- Stand long periods of time.
- Walk on concrete floors wearing steel toes boots and other PPE.
- Withstand hot temperatures and working environment in a production plant.
- Pass Background and drug screening process.
- At least 18 years of age
6:45p.m-3:30a.m M-F + O.T.
$16.53 +$00.50 Shift DifferentialShift Shift 2 (United States of America) Full or Part Time Full time
Milgard (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Apply on company website