Milgard Windows & Doors is seeking a full-time Production Lead to join our manufacturing facility in Grand Prairie, Texas!
The Production Lead directs and assists in the work activities of department employees. The Lead performs a variety of manufacturing assignments, the majority of which involves filling in where needed.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee departmental activities per standard operating procedures, MPS, and Philosophy.
- Work with Supervisor in the assignment and supervision of personnel in order to achieve an efficient operation at all times.
- Assists his personnel in analyzing and correcting problems encountered in job assignments in order to perform work according to standard operating procedures.
- Organize and schedule work assignments to achieve maximum efficiency and meet objectives.
- Incorporates Milgard's vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
- Ensure safety of personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations
- Thorough working knowledge of all operating areas of his/her respective department
- Prior manufacturing experience in a lead role and in similar industry, preferred.
- Knowledge of distribution and delivery operations, and employee management
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong Computer Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Mathematical knowledge
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
Milgard (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Apply on company website