An exciting Production Supervisor job in Simi Valley, CA is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You must have three plus years of experience in a similar role with previous multi-line responsibility. Staff management, orientation training and team member development are part of your responsibility. Able to motivate employees to achieve results. Must be an effective communicator, capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the Milgard work environment and supporting the Company philosophy. Salary is dependent on experience. This role is a full-time role. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, and Texas. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, which creates additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Production Supervisor job responsibilities include:
- Manage staffing, orientation, training and team member development for 10 to 20 employees.
- Responsible for: developing people; improving processes; reducing costs; quality monitoring and improvements; superior customer service; and on-time delivery.
- Responsible to appropriately staff and schedule departmental personnel to ensure manufacturing requirements are met while minimizing costs.
- Responsible for planning departmental operations by establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensures plant staff (Leads) enforce Company policies and procedures, plant wide safety rules and employee rules of conduct.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, terminating, disciplining and coaching employees.
- Able to motivate employees to achieve results. Must be an effective communicator, capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the Milgard work environment and supporting the Company philosophy.
- You should have three plus years as a manufacturing leadership role with previous multi-line
- Prior experience in improving operations (UPEH, reduced costs, etc.).
- To support Milgard's Continuous Improvement culture, we would like strong background in LEAN process improvement principles and process management experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. This role is a great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering including:
- Performance Bonus Incentive – your efforts are rewarded!
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
If you are interested in this Production Supervisor job in Simi Valley, CA please click APPLY NOW. To learn more about Milgard's products, services, and culture visit our website at We have built or success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career https://milgard.jobs.net/ as we continue to build an even greater organization!Shift Full or Part Time Full time
Milgard (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.#CB, #MONS-MILGD
Apply on company website