Milhouse's MEP Team is expanding and looking for a Senior Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer to support new pursuits. This position is for a passionate senior engineer who wants to lead and support projects that will make a difference for decades to come. This individual should have an entrepreneurial mindset but still effective in working in highly collaborative environments. Typical design work includes plumbing and fire protection design within the facilities and building environment such as commercial, healthcare, aviation and educational. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Water and sanitary collection design and sizing.
- Develop calculations for Plumbing/FP system sizing.
- Natural & Propane gas design and distribution.
- Septic Tank calculations and design.
- Compressed air and gas flow design
- Domestic water and pressure booster
- Fuel Oil
- Well water treatment
- Grease trap interceptor calculation & design
- Sprinkler system design
- Hydraulic calculation
- Fire pump sizing
- Proficient in Auto CAD and Revit/AutoCAD MEP is a plus.
- Experience in specification writing.
- 5 – 10 years of experience required
- Entrepreneurial environment with exposure to our empowering Executive team
- Encouraging, warm, and dynamic workplace with the opportunity to grow and develop
- Coffee, tea, breakfast and snacks provided in office
- Happy hour on Friday afternoons
- Various socials throughout the year
- Competitive pay and benefits package
Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. was founded in 2001 with the goal of building the best engineering company in the country. It was based on the belief that if we hired great people, fueled their passion while challenging them to excel, and maintained a laser focus on the needs of your clients, success would come- and so it has. Our portfolio of successful projects continues to grow, our family of highly satisfied clients continues to expand, and our staff just gets better and better. We are a unique, Chicago-based firm whose collective passion, vision and expertise has led to phenomenal growth and being named “Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” 15 years in a row! With more than 200 talented professionals and offices across the country, Milhouse offers a dynamic work environment where there is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to go after it. Our people are the cornerstone of our organization, and key to our success. Join a remarkably talented team that shares a passion for what they do and a vision for improving communities around the world through innovative engineering and construction. For the fifteenth consecutive year, Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. has been selected as Chicago's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For.
Important Notice to US Applicants Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits List: · Medical · Dental · Vision · Life Insurance · Short Term Disability Insurance · 401(k) Plan · Transit Benefits Program · Paid Time Off (PTO) · Employee Education & Development Program · Paid Holidays · Employee Referral Program · Wellness Program · Employee Recognition Program · Lunch and Learns · Milhouse University Classes (Cross Functional Training) · Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support · Paid Maternity and Paternity leave (plus incentives to support you in your first year of parenthood) Apply for this job
Apply on company website