MODELL'S SPORTING GOODS is the nation's largest family-owned sporting goods chain, operating stores throughout the Northeastern United States, from New England to Northern Virginia. Modell's offers value and quality customer service together with a wide variety of sporting goods, athletic and active apparel and footwear for the entire family. Founded in 1889, we continue to grow each year through the belief that our associates and customers are our number one asset. We are committed to proving this by Listening, Respecting and Responding to the needs of our associates as well as the needs of our customers.
We are currently seeking a Loss Prevention Store Detective
• The Loss Prevention Store Detective will conduct continuous surveillance of all store activity within the assigned district.
• Observe, identify and apprehend individuals that are committing theft by shoplifting.
• Monitor, investigate and control internal theft.
• Observe and report any safety and security concerns within stores in the district.
• Must have knowledge of state laws and statues as related to crime of shoplifting and apprehensions
• Maintain daily communication with all members of store management.
• Represent the company to local law enforcement and attend court cases for prosecution when needed.
• Work with Loss Prevention Supervisor to assist in the store reduction program by identifying merchandise areas of concern.
• At least 2 years of experience working in Loss Prevention.
• Must satisfy all state licensing requirements including current Security Guard License.
• Handcuff training, de-escalation techniques and self-defense certifications a plus.
• Possess strong verbal and written skills necessary to document apprehensions that could be used in the court of law.
• Reliable and dependable to travel stores within designated stores and district.
• Experience operating and monitoring CCTV systems a plus.
• Retail experience helpful.
• High School Diploma required. Some college a plus.
• Flexibility with schedule to include nights and weekends when necessary.
• Full time associates are eligible for Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
• Associate discount on merchandise.
• Various entertainment discount programs.
• Advancement opportunities
Modell's Sporting Goods is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Apply on company website