POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position):
Responsible for the day to day supervision of practitioners assigned to their POD. Works with the Clinic Administrator to ensure practitioners are providing quality of care to patients and access to care is available to all patients.
· Provides leadership to practitioners in the cluster, fostering a team approach to deliver medical care and services to patients.
· Leads the POD for the effective delivery of patient care.
· Enforces rules, regulations and policies within the cluster and implement action taken by the company.
· Participates in the administration of the POD through cooperation with the local administrator in the matters affecting patient care.
· Coordinates office assignments and all practitioner schedules.
· Reviews PTO accruals and approve all PTO/CME leaves in accordance with the policies of the company.
· Conducts effective POD meetings and set agenda with Clinic Administrator which includes review of policies and procedures, staffing issues, utilization issues, or quality improvement issues.
· Informs practitioners of staffing schedule, productivity and access issues.
· Assure appropriate patient access to needed services.
· Monitors practitioners on time (punctuality) performance and all scheduling changes in accordance with the requirements of the company.
· Ensures an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual respect.
· Coaches Medical Assistants where necessary and fosters an educational environment.
· Assists in the assessment of Medical Assistants.
· Keeps patient records complete and up-to-date to assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
· Assignment of quarterly peer review.
· Participates in the interview of practitioner candidates and the selection of the new practitioners.
· Assist in the orientation of new practitioners.
· Makes one available to cluster practitioners to keep them informed, helps resolve practitioner problems, and provides feedback on job performance on an ongoing basis.
· Assists in the annual performance evaluation of cluster practitioners based on criteria developed by the company.
· Completes proper documentation of counseling sessions when appropriate, forwarding all information to the MMG Medical Director.
· Works in conjunction with Clinic Administrator to provide a satisfactory work environment with appropriate space, equipment and support staff.
· Participates with implementation of new projects and staff accordingly.
· Participates in the planning, execution and analysis of various methods of improving delivery of services to patients.
UTILIZATION / QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Be knowledgeable about the specialty care network in POD and be available as a resource for the practitioners for advice regarding referrals.
· Develops with the Medical Director an annual quality improvement protocol plan including performance indicators and thresholds.
· Meets regularly with Administrator/ Health Plan contracting team.
Molina Medical Group has immediate openings for a BC Primary Care Physician in our 55th Street Sacramento, CA clinic. This role will provide leadership and support to clinical staff including and NP and PA. You will work closely with the Clinic Administrator to ensure practitioners are providing quality of care and access to care is available to all patients. Together we are a driven, well-trained, positive-minded workforce able to provide quality health care to those who need it most. At Molina, we are committed to our vision: We envision a future where everyone receives quality health care. As a FORTUNE 300 company, we continue Dr. Molina's mission of bringing high-quality, cost-effective health care. Required Education
Required License, Certification, Association
Current State Licensure
Board Certified - Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
2 or more years Experience
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website