• Engage in practices constituting the practice of medicine in collaboration with and under the medical direction and supervision of a licensed physician to the degree required by state laws. He/she may also function as and perform all duties reasonably expected and assigned to an RN such as IV insertion and medication administration.
• Work as a partner with his/her supervising physician. The Lead NP is responsible for initiating collaboration, as it is needed. The NP Manager is responsible for knowing when a patient needs physician oversight and when the patient's medical condition may be beyond the scope of knowledge of the NP Manager.
• Provide administrative supervision of up to eight Nurse Practitioners including attendance, schedules, expense approval, training, compliance with job duties, and recruiting.
• Nurse Practitioner Manager role to include clinical education guidelines for Nurse Practitioners, proper HCC coding of clinic and In Home Assessed patients and evaluation of charts of the ACE/Homebound NP's assigned, HEIDS coaching and captue for assigned NP's, evaluating progress notes for completeness and proper coding of the assigned NP's, and acting as a resource for clinical questions and concerns prior to involvement of the medical director.
The Nurse Practitioner Manager may be required to work a variety of settings (non-clinical or clinical settings) and provide medical care to all levels of patients. Some programs/clinics may focus on specific populations (e.g., adult, geriatric, pediatric). Will oversee NPs and manage specified programs as required.
The Nurse Practitioner Manager will work in collaboration with his/her supervising physicians. He/she will perform comprehensive medical assessments, order appropriate tests/procedures for diagnostic purposes, formulate treatment plans, obtain specialists' consultations as needed, and do appropriate documentations as required.
The Nurse Practitioner Manager will administratively supervise Nurse Practitioners within a geographic area.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina's policies
• Achieve and maintain credentialing status with respective state health plans
• Maintain regular attendance based on assigned schedule
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Licensed in the state as an RN and Nurse Practitioner
• At least 6 to 8 years experience as a family nurse practitioner - At least 3 - 5 years of nursing management experience
Required License, Certification, Association
• Licensed Nurse Practitioner -Board certified Family Medicine NP
Major in family medicine with a sub-specialty in gerontology or behavioral health
• Experience or specialization in gerontology or behavioral health.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
Registered in respective state's Medicaid and CMS programs
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website