Similar JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Job Description Job Summary
Care Connections, a new division of Molina Healthcare, seeks Nurse Practitioners to join its growing team which will contribute to the company mission to bring quality health care to the underserved. The Care Connections NPs focus on screening and preventive primary care services delivered in the home, community and nursing facility settings. As a clinician, you will have the rewarding experience of providing needed care in the environment that patients feel most comfortable and are most receptive. This is a special opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of vulnerable people.
The Nurse Practitioner will be required to work primarily in non-clinical settings and provide medical care to all levels of patients. Some programs may focus on specific populations (e.g., adult and geriatric, pediatric)
The Nurse Practitioner will work in collaboration with his/her supervising physicians. He/she will perform comprehensive medical assessments, order appropriate tests/procedures for diagnostic purposes, formulate treatment plans, obtain specialists' consultations as needed, and do appropriate documentations as required. Job roles and responsibilities emphasize a team-based approach to care and support each member of the team being trained to meet the highest level of function allowed by state law.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Engage in practices constituting the practice of medicine in collaboration with and under the medical direction and supervision of a licensed physician to the degree required by state laws. He/she may also function as and perform all duties reasonably expected and assigned to an RN such medication administration.
- Work as a partner with his/her supervising physician. The NP is responsible for initiating collaboration, as it is needed.
- The NP is responsible for knowing when a patient needs physician oversight and when the patient's medical condition may be beyond the scope of knowledge of the NP.
- May provide general medical care to various and/or specific patient levels – adults and geriatric.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations including history and physical exams for risk adjustment and other regulatory assessments
- Address both chronic and acute primary care complaints, and able to ascertain medical urgency
- Establish and document reasonable medical diagnoses
- Seek specialty consultation as appropriate
- Order pertinent diagnostic laboratory and radiology testing for the medical diagnosis or presenting symptom; able to work within an environment of limited resources and therefore uses diagnostic tests judiciously and
- Discuss unusual or unclear symptoms or results with consulting physician in a timely manner
- Accept feedback and direction from the supervising physician
- Create and implements a medical plan of care
- Perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures within his/her level of training and expertise, and as outlined on the practice agreement and written protocol with the supervising physician
- Prescribe medications as appropriate
- Remain knowledgeable on current therapies
- Perform timely documentation in medical records in an electronic medical record computer system
Job Qualifications Required Education
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Master's degree in nursing
- Previous experience as a licensed clinician providing care in a home health setting
- 0-3 Years as Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience
- Master's degree major in gerontology or behavioral health
- Previous experience as NP 5+ Years
- Extensive home health experience with low income populations, especially in management of chronic conditions
- Bilingual and bi-cultural
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V. #CB-MHI
Apply on company website