Responsible for providing regulatory and contract research and analysis in all Molina Healthcare markets – Medicaid, Marketplace and Medicare. Responsible for tracking health care trends and conducting policy research on various health care related topics impacting Molina's business. Will also provide policy analysis and expertise to Molina health pan leadership on areas of significance including value-based purchasing, policy innovations, rates, and more. Duties and Responsibilities (List all essential duties and responsibilities in order of importance)
• Track and analyze federal regulatory activity
• Track and analyze state regulatory activity in partnership with health plan staff
• Assist with health plan contract research and analysis
• Contribute original policy and regulatory content, including fact sheets and policy papers to advance the policy and regulatory agendas
• Provide support as needed to various aspects of the Government Contracts program
• Assist with policy and regulatory advocacy efforts
• Attend industry association meetings, conference calls and webinars
• Conduct literature reviews and maintain resource library on key topics
• Foster ongoing relationships with the advocacy community and other external stakeholders and identify policy areas that align MHI interests with outside entities
• Advise Molina teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
• Work closely with Molina executives and staff to assist in making collaborative management decisions.
• Develop federal and state legislative strategy
• Serve as internal subject matter expert on public policy, legislative, and regulatory issues to Molina Healthcare employees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities ( List all knowledge, skills and abilities that are necessary to perform the job satisfactorily)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina's policies
• Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Self-motivated team player
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• General familiarity with health care policy and regulatory issues, including the Affordable Care Act
• General familiarity with federal and state rulemaking process
Bachelor's of Science or Arts degree with an emphasis in government; political science; public policy; public health; health administration; business administration; or related field.
5+ years experience in health care policy or regulatory role; Knowledge of federal rulemaking process; Knowledge of Affordable Care Act; Strong analytical skills; Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in computer programs - Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/etc.
Masters degree in related field
Experience with government programs including Medicaid and Medicare; Experience representing company with trade organizations
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website