Job Description Job Summary
Responsible for leading government affairs growth initiatives in states including positioning Molina Healthcare Inc. (MHI) with state officials. Identify key issues in current Molina Healthcare markets and draft MHI state policy initiatives aimed at passing healthcare reforms that would ensure sustainable funding for government-sponsored programs, expansion of those programs, and private-sector participation in the programs. Track health care trends and conduct policy research on various health care related topics impacting Molina's business in all Molina Healthcare markets – Medicaid, Marketplace and Medicare. Represent MHI at the state levels before regulatory agencies, administration officials and legislators.
- Build and maintainrelationships with elected officials, and represent Molina before administrationofficials and legislators in New York and Massachusetts
- Create and implementstrategic advocacy plans to advance Molina's position on key policy issues
- Identify opportunitiesand favorably position the company to grow Molina's lines of business inassigned states
- Identify, develop andrecommend policy positions and advocacy strategies on state regulatory andlegislative issues affecting Molina
- Work collaborativelywith internal stakeholders and advise Molina teams such as health planleadership, legal, communications, and others to advance the companies positionon public policy issues and development of products and services
- tribute original policyand regulatory content, including fact sheets and policy papers to advance thepolicy and regulatory agendas
- Represent Molina onrelevant trade association boards and committees, formal and informalcoalitions, and attend relevant events
- Identify, monitor andanalyze relevant policy trends that could impact business opportunities anddevelop recommended responses and positions
- Foster ongoingrelationships with the advocacy community and other external stakeholders andidentify policy areas that align Molina interests with outside entities
- Prepare writtencommunications, policy briefs, testimony, comment letters, position statementsand talking points in collaboration with other Molina departments asappropriate
- Develop political givingplan and election year analysis for designated states
- Conduct literaturereviews and maintain resource library on key topics
- Provide direction andoversight of contracted consultants in assigned states
Bachelor'sof Science or Arts degree with an emphasis in government; political science;public policy; public, health or business administration; or related field
- 5-7 years experience in health caregovernment affairs, policy or regulatory role
- Knowledge of Affordable Care Act
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of andexperience in computer programs - Microsoft Word/Excel/, PowerPoint, Outlook,etc.
Must register as lobbyist in markets as dictated by law
5 years experience with government programs including Medicaid and Medicare
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website