Job Summary The Sr. Specialist, HEDIS/Quality Reporting,under the direction of the unit or program manager, will support the annual HEDIS project management by taking a lead role in coordinating the identification, collection and abstraction of medical records and other data in collaboration with other HEDIS staff.
Molina's Quality Improvement function oversees, plans, and implements new and existing healthcare quality improvement initiatives and education programs; ensures maintenance of programs for members in accordance with prescribed quality standards; conducts data collection, reporting and monitoring for key performance measurement activities; and provides direction and implementation of NCQA accreditation surveys and federal/state QI compliance activities.
• Performs the lead role in the coordination and preparation of the HEDIS medical record review which includes ongoing review of records submitted by providers and the annual HEDIS medical record review.
• Participates in meetings with vendors for the medical record collection process.
• Assists Manager and Supervisor(s) in training and takes the lead role in these activities
• Collects medical records and reports from provider offices, loads data into the HEDIS application, and compares the documentation in the medical record to specifications to determine if preventive and diagnostic services have been correctly performed.
• Works with the corporate HEDIS team to monitor accuracy of abstracted records as required by specifications.
• Participates in scheduled meetings with the corporate HEDIS team, vendors and HEDIS auditors.
• Assists the quality improvement staff with physician and member interventions and incentive efforts as needed through review of medical records documentation.
• Provides data collection and report development support for quality improvement studies and performance improvement projects.
• Assists as needed in support of accreditation activities such as NCQA reviews, CAHPS and state audits by reviewing clinical documentation.
Job Qualifications Required Education
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience, OR completion of any of the following programs:
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• 3 years coding and medical record abstraction experience.
• 1 year managed care experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of HEDIS and NCQA.
Preferred field: Clinical Quality, Public Health or Healthcare.
3 years HEDIS data collection experience.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
• State Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), or
• Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or
• Certified Medical Record Technician with training in coding procedures (as required by state/location only), or
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website