Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
The Assistant Brand Manager is accountable for delivering key brand projects – supporting the strategies and objectives of the brand. The manager's primary responsibility is conceptualizing and implementing assigned consumer projects ensuring that they are aligned to brand's strategy which shall help deliver the brand and financial objectives within the set timing, cost and quality expectations. This position also requires the manager to lead project teams and strongly collaborate with the cross-functional business team.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to)
- New Product Development – Local & SEA
- Manage new product development, ensuring timely launch. Managing the entire new product development process from conceptualisation, research, pricing strategies to working with the commercial team on the implementation activities.
- Lead & drive new product development projects and collaborate with S&T and ISC to ensure timely launch of the projects
- Helps to coordinate packaging revision & new packaging development for SEA ensuring all artworks are SEA compliant.
- Marketing Communication
- Work closely with the agencies to come up with winning and differentiated point of awareness supporting the brand communication strategies.
- Collaborate with the POB team by providing overall campaign direction and ensuring the development is in line with overall campaign objectives and brand positioning.
- Brand Development
- Responsible for the implementation of the local marketing strategies for the assigned brand/brands through marketing plans.
- Formulate brand strategies based on strong market analysis, competitors' analysis and internal portfolio analysis, utilising the BCC tools.
- To update branding guidelines and footprints to adhere and comply to global branding guidelines, where applicable.
- Relentlessly focus on efficiency and cost by driving GC improvement through value optimisation projects working closely with S&T team.
- Ensure that the pricing/product mix is reviewed and recommending change where appropriate.
- Monitor performance of segments and brands against contract
- Manage marketing spend within the assigned DME budget
- Ensure all brand strategies are underpinned by strong & in-depth consumer understanding
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the marketing plan and work closely with Sales team to execute the plans.
- Identify and implement any gap plans by working closely with the Sales team
- Constant review on campaigns and brands through yearly brand reviews and post campaign reviews to encourage vigorous and continuous learning.
- Market Research
- Work closely with Consumer Insights team on identifying brands' research needs
- Plan the full year's marketing researches together with the Insights team supporting the need on brand strategy development.
- To analyse the research findings and insights and turn them into actionable brand plans
- Prepare bi-monthly report based on retail audit, market trends information, etc. to department head
- Drive excellence in delivery of activation projects to deadlines, working cross functionally to achieve objectives and budget.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from top universities, preferably in Business/Marketing
- Knowledgeable in computer (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Minimum 2 years related working experience in FMCG Industry doing brand/project management work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge in media management and the advertising development process are required.
- Should be independent in analysing situations and formulating solutions as well as appropriately use discretion in referring to superior input
- Drive for Results
- Problem solving
- Peer Relationships
- Learning on the Fly
- Presentation Skills
Apply on company website