What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people's faces. We're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Côte d'Or, Milka, Toblerone, LU, Oreo and Stimorol and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Associate Counsel Corporate MEU is a member of the MEU Legal, Business Integrity and Global Security (LIS) team within the Corporate and Legal Affairs (CLA) function and is based in Oosterhout (NB), the Netherlands.
In this role the Associate Counsel supports the business by giving professional and solution oriented legal support and advice regarding application of complex aspects of corporate law for the Mondelez International, Inc. corporate structure in MEU. This includes a complete corporate legal support service for various restructuring, capitalization, (re)financing projects and corporate aspects in M&A projects in cross-functional teams involving European holding structures and responsibility for a full range of company secretarial support services for the Dutch based international holdings companies and their affiliates. The Associate Counsel works under the guidance of the Senior Counsel Corporate MEU and in close collaboration with colleagues within and outside CLA, like Finance, Treasury and Tax, including through participation in CLA's Centers of Expertise (CoE's). The role has a focus on Dutch Law, but includes responsibility and oversight of UK corporate transactional work and Swiss / MEU corporate (transactional) work. A close working relationship exists with respectively UK legal assistant (based in Uxbridge, UK) and Swiss Paralegal (based in Zürich, Switzerland).
- Associate Counsel will take on broader European corporate matters as well for the benefit of the MEU team.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, take appropriate legal action, observe good governance, ensure corporate compliance and due process;
- Contribute to establishment and administration of internal procedures, protecting integrity. Ensure compliance with these procedures by BUs, legal, tax and finance functions in myriad MDLZ locations.
- Take legal ownership in global capital and restructuring projects and transactions, with due observance of implications for group structure. Review, draft and ensure proper execution.
- Work in cross-functional and collaborative teams with Finance, Tax and Treasury. Flexible support to global functions: provide legal advice to, apply judgment, and prepare documentation for legal, tax, and financial colleagues worldwide (and their external legal and tax advisors as needed) in support of corporate management of all local and foreign affiliates held by the holding companies as a shareholders (e.g., preparing resolutions, powers of attorney, sample documents, including support in (local) projects), etc.);
- Participate in and take an active role in Centre(s) of Excellence. Identify, develop, and help implement best practices in the area of Corporate Restructuring and group financing, provide expert advice, facilitate sharing of knowledge.
- Responsible for corporate housekeeping of the Dutch holding companies. Handle requests of the overseas subsidiaries for resolutions, powers of attorney or other documentation, forms. You apply your (critical) judgement on correctness of the content and check if all required approval processes have been observed. You are key point of contact for shareholder queries, prepare and review documents, incl. arranging signatures, scanning, filing;
- Take care of proper filing of documents. You keep the filing system, apply good records management, including filing, updating, scanning after completion of projects;
- Organize and prepare board meetings: arrange board information package, agenda, keep minutes and any and all other (organizational) matters involved with a board meeting, filing, scanning, documenting; Make sure directors are adequately informed to enable proper decision-making process.
- Coordinate and implement for Netherlands and UK/I the (global) program entities to simplify where possible and to eliminate compliance costs for entities which do no longer perform a valuable purpose within the group structure.
- Budget: engage in annual budget making. Direct the work of outside counsel providing supplemental advice – ensure minimum of use of outside counsel and when used: manage efficient use of budget;
- Completed Master's degree in Dutch Law (preferably corporate law, civil law or notarial law) with (minimum 3 years) post-qualification experience in an international environment (law firm, international company; - Experience in UK company law, would be beneficial for the role. - Not afraid to explore, gain knowledge in and execute observing laws of other jurisdictions; eager to learn and willing to step out of the box. - Teamplayer - ability to effectively work and communicate with individuals at many levels and in many disciplines within and outside of Mondelez. Being respectful for confidential information. - Languages: Fluent in English and Dutch.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer top attractive social benefits.
Apply on company website