Location: Birmingham, UK
Salary and Benefits: Competitive
Closing Date: 28/06/2019
Provide Consumer Science related support to Mondelēz (MDLZ) global legal entities, per service agreements.
The role contributes to the planning and implementation of assigned research programs/projects that lead to actionable business results.
The jobholder develops project objectives and strategies independently in response to business needs and integrates input from other functional areas to drive towards solutions.
The jobholder anticipates and addresses issues and opportunities specific to program/project areas.
The jobholder has a track record of using knowledge to solve complex problems and further business strategic goals.
The jobholder interacts regularly with key stakeholders and may direct activities of junior professionals and/or temporary staff while completing assignments.
The jobholder interacts with CS/MDLZ senior leaders and professionals outside the company.
- Define with (RDQ Research Development Quality) the objectives for the consumer research learning plan for global Cadbury Dairy Milk (CDM) programs.
- Maintain an overview of all regional productivity and growth RDQ programs for the CDM brand including Product Quality Benchmarking.
- Expert in consumer and sensory knowledge with the CDM brand to determine product opportunity areas.
- Identify those projects within the Technology programs which would benefit from consumer and sensory research and to influence the Technology team to incorporate consumer and sensory testing in project timelines.
- Effectively partner with stakeholders ensuring that the research is in line with the strategic priorities of the business.
- Develop Learning plans for projects and align key stakeholders and project team members and associated senior leadership in the Technology and Consumer Science teams.
- Deliver against the agreed learning plan, meeting the required standards and agreed timescales, including
- designing consumer and sensory research to meet objectives,
- agency briefing and selection, budget management
- attention to executional detail to ensure good quality, actionable data,
- applies multivariate statistical methods to gain deeper understanding and insights from research.
- interpretation of results including linking of sensory and consumer data into a cohesive story.
- reporting/presenting findings, making recommendations and contributing to decision making.
- Experience in designing and executing front end strategic consumer research.
- Effectively tailors presentations to different audiences.
- Seeks improvement on existing methods in line with good scientific principles.
- Mentors others inside and outside of own department and viewed as a key partner to R&D leaders.
- Contribute to CS Team goals by participating or leading teams where new methodologies and capability are evaluated, proposed and implemented.
- Educated to at least degree level in a scientific subject and/or appropriate post graduate qualifications.
- Strong knowledge of statistical theory and its application to sensory/consumer research.
- Personal leadership qualities.
- Role model for strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to break down complex things to be understood by technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Comfortable working alone on a tough assignments.
- Skilled at negotiation and influence.
- Relevant training / work experience.
- Demonstrable competence in primary software applications (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations etc.).
- Mastery in Discrimination, Descriptive Analysis and Consumer research methods including central location and home use tests.
- Practical experience of application of statistical analysis.
- Mastery with front end consumer research techniques.
- Project Management.
- Proven track record in effective partnering with clients and/or stakeholders.
- Interest in food.
- Proven track record of assuming leadership on cross functional teams and interfacing with all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
Apply on company website